This blog is dedicated to differently-abled children, particularly those diagnosed with a radial ray defect, hematological issues, Failure to Thrive, developmental delays, microcephaly, cerebellar dysgenesis or cerebral palsy.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What is "normal" anyway?

Just thinking about the word "normal", because I was wishing (for her sake) that Emma could be....

But then I remembered that blog "Better Than Normal" about the "differently-abled" little boy named Daniel who's near Emma's age....I love that title! :)

Here is a link to Daniel's blog: Better Than Normal

And I think about Emma, how she frequently wakes up singing "I love you, you love me...." or "Twinkle, twinkle little star". How affectionate and cuddly she can be, and how incredibly SMART she is sometimes!

Then I realize that Emma is who she is, and she's a wonderful little human being. Sure it would make life easier for her if she didn't have all of the issues and disabilities that she does, but I have to believe that she will be OK anyway.

No comments: