This blog is dedicated to differently-abled children, particularly those diagnosed with a radial ray defect, hematological issues, Failure to Thrive, developmental delays, microcephaly, cerebellar dysgenesis or cerebral palsy.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The girl is THREE YEARS OLD!!!


Hard to believe, isn't it! Emma turned 3 on June 7th, one day after her Grandma June's birthday, and two days before her daddy's birthday.

My little doll....I took so many pictures of her at her birthday party, and they're all so adorable! I can't decide which ones to post, so I give up.....I'll post them all! :)

The beautiful handmade customized crown that Emma is wearing was purchased from BetterThanNormal.org, which was started by Melanie, Daniel's mother, in order to raise money for Daniel's alternative therapies (not covered by insurance). Isn't it amazingly cute?!?





Emma LOVES the idea of being a princess and wearing a crown....she's just in seventh heaven!










The crown wasn't the only hat Emma got for her birthday....her Grandma June bought her some lovely clothes and a beautiful hat to match:


Emma was fascinated with the DVDs she got for her birthday....some of her favorite shows, such as Dora the Explorer and Caillou....she was so excited!

Well, a good time was had by all; and the gluten-free vanilla cupcakes turned out quite well!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad the crown fit and she liked it. Is it ok for us to use one of the pitures on the blog??

JoAnn said...

Oh she LOVED it Melanie!! And so did we!! It's adorable!

And of course you can use any of the pictures, or all of them for that matter! :) Sorry I didn't send you pictures via email yet....I've been going crazy at work lately and barely had time to put those pics up on Emma's site (because I promised some of our distant relatives I would).

Keri said...

A little princess indeed! Emma is absolutely adorable! I could just eat her up for being so darn cute. Happy belated birthday schweetheart!

Melanie and her crowns... I just love 'em.